Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Share With Us What God Does In The 40 Days!

The 40 Days of Prayer and Fasting for the Church and Future of our City is starting tomorrow (Ash Wednesday 25th February). The theme is "Pray we see our city as Jesus sees it and love Melbourne as He does."

We at Transforming Melbourne would like to encourage you to include the following in your personal prayers:

(1) WRITE DOWN names of people God puts on your heart to pray for each of the 40 days.
(2) OBEY what God asks you to pray or do.
(3) SHARE with us what God does in the 40 days!

Please feel free to use the comment field below to share with us!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Day 1: Wed 25th Ash Wednesday

God put on my heart today to pray specifically for the catering of a funeral for bushfire victims on Saturday. And HE asks me to not only pray, but to do something about it.

Kitty

Anonymous said...

Day 2: Thursdasy 26th

God showed me areas it's not easy for me to trust Jesus wholeheartedly. I spent some time repenting and had the assurance that I can trust Jesus in all areas of my life - spiriually, physically, emotionally, financially, family and marriage preparation etc. Praise God!

Kitty

Anonymous said...

I read on Day 3 about how much God the Father loved Jesus and how we can share in that love too. Amazing love! It struck me quite powerfully - His generosity, His yearning to have us in friendship with Him - the Creator of all things! (John 17:20-24)

Anonymous said...

Yes Rosemary, amen to that!!

It's so awesome we can share and experience the amazing love of God.

It also struck me in Day 3 about the importance of abiding in Jesus always - as really apart from Him we can do nothing.

Transforming Melbourne Blog said...

Day 4: Saturday 28th

Today I had a day of rest, solitude and prayer, and it was such a blessing to be able to declare God's Word in prayer and to affirm His wonderful attributes, especially Jesus' authority (Matt 28:18).

I was impressed by God to spend more time alone with Him this morning. Strength and joy come from such times that will add much to our friendship with Him, and much to our work.

I am so thankful that Jesus came to draw us close to God, and it is so sweet to feel and sense His heart as we draw near to Him in love.

Today I declare by faith Jesus is the Lord and King of the city!